Sunday, June 17, 2012

Stars app

I have this app called Stars on my iPod touch. It is essentially a constellation chart. You can line it up with a star that you know and from there move it around to where you look and it has the constellations highlighted so you know where to look in the actual sky. I used it tonight actually and use it whenever I want to see how many constellations I can find. I like it because it's easy to use and right to the point. Also because it automatically updates your date and time, etc, and shows the line for the equator and the names of all the constellations. 



UPDATE: With this app I was able to observe the Big and Little Dipper, Cassiopeia, Bootes, and a few other constellations.  I wish this app had a feature where you could use a camera and it could observe the sky with you and highlight on the screen when the camera was facing a constellation and tell you what it was. (sorry for the poor quality of the pictures)

2 comments:

  1. Any pics of the program? Can you give a list of what you actually observed with it? Any features you wish it had?

    ReplyDelete